Nurse Educator RN or LPN
LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation
LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation is currently seeking a Full Time Nurse Educator (RN or LPN) to join our team! WE ARE LECOM!
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package! Includes Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $35/ month! Full Family Health Insurance is only $230/month! The Health System also offers a 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with Employer Matching of 133 1/3% after completing one year of service! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost! And much more!
About LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation:
LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation Center provides skilled care in a bright, inviting setting with a highly-trained clinical staff. The facility is located within five miles of all major Erie hospitals, offers 24-hour, seven-day-a-week respiratory therapy with a pulmonary specialist.
Customized care is given through a team approach, meeting the needs of each resident as he or she progresses through therapy.
The LECOM Health Nursing and Rehabilitation team believes that superior clinical care along with unsurpassed attention to service leads to wellness. In addition, our nurturing and experienced staff will care for you or your loved one in a warm and dignified environment. With our leading edge clinical programs, fine dining, recreational activities and amenities, center residents can attain maximum recovery potential.
The Nurse Educatoris responsible for clinical education and training of all new employees, ongoing education and training of existing employees, as well as maintaining up to date certification and credentialing of all employees.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Responsible and accountable for the provision of education to enhance the culture of safety and quality of patient care.
- Will design, implement and revise continuing education programs for nurses focusing on continuing education programs designed to meet individual learning needs or facility wide training initiatives.
- Responsible for the Clinical orientation, training, competency validation and continuing education of the nurse and nurse aid staff.
- Assess staff to identify opportunities for improvement and implement new practices of patient care.
- Assist in the assessment of nursing competencies, staff performance evaluations, and nursing ladder evaluations.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure patient care and satisfaction.
- Operates as a leader and facilitator in decision-making initiatives, at the clinical, departmental, and system levels to provide the highest level of care.
- Must also maintain their clinical skills and licensure; may assist in direct patient care to do so.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.