With Erie County’s senior population now approaching one out of four residents, LECOM Health is committed to wellness for this growing age group. LECOM Health offers a full continuum of care from Independent Living and Personal Care apartments to Skilled Nursing Care and Outpatient services including In-Home Care, Home Health, and Hospice under the direction of the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging.
The Social Worker provides individuals, families, and groups with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses. Services include advising family care givers, providing patient education and counseling, and making referrals for other services while operating in a resident centered environment.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Completes an initial comprehensive psychosocial assessment of patients.
- Must be an advocate for the resident to resolve crises.
- Collaborates with other professionals to evaluate the physical, mental, and social aspects of the resident.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record residents’ progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
- Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in residents’ status.
- Identify environmental impediments to the residents’ progress through interviews and review of resident records.
- Counsel residents in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life.
- Educate residents and family members on the roles and levels of healthcare, community resources, entitlements, and advanced directives.
- Arranging for resources/funds to finance medications, durable medical equipment, and other needed services.
- Coordinates resident discharge and continuity of care planning.
- A bachelor’s degree in a Human Services field including, but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, or psychology from an accredited institution.
- One year of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals.
- Must meet equivalent state requirements for social work practice, or, in jurisdictions not having such legal regulation, holds certification or credentialing from the National Association of Social Workers.
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $40/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $250/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hospital.
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 100% after completing one year of service!
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Paid vacation and sick time accrual
- 7 Paid holidays each calendar year
- Referral Bonus program
- Employee recognition events
- Discount available to LECOM Fitness and Wellness Center
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.