Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Fiscal Services team.
SUMMARY: Responsible for accurate and timely processing of the complete General Ledger Accounting function, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and all associated reporting and functional processes. Assists with other accounting duties as required or instructed.
· Proficient in analyzing, maintaining, and processing financial data.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, with a minimum of an intermediate user level (example is that you must be able to make and use Pivot tables in Excel).
· Keen attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to perform quick mental computations and identify incorrect information on transactions and reports.
· Office administrative ability including superb organizational skills, multi-tasking, and clerical expertise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Generates reports and analysis of hospital incomes, expenditures, and capital asset values with comparisons to previous periods.
· Assists CFO and Senior Staff Accountant with information gathering and compilation of data for regulatory reports, internal management reports, budgeting, and the year audited statements.
· Creates and maintains departmental reports and records and collects statistical data for departmental, administrative, and regulatory purposes.
· Prepares and processes monthly general and standard journal entries, monthly account reconciliations, and banking account reconciliations.
· Works with auditors and/or interested outside parties, to provide and explain information and reports that are requested throughout the year.
· Process and track intercompany transactions and reconcile balances with other entities.
· Complete daily cash deposits and reconciliations.
· Performs maintenance and filing of documents and reports (either in hard copy or electronic format).
· Assists in the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
· Serve as a backup (via cross training) in other areas of accounting beyond the typical normal accounting duties of the position.
· Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program and safety standards
· Attends meetings as required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.