Student Nurse Intern
Website Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full time Student Nurse Intern. This is a 1st shift position, 7:00am – 7:30pm.
Works under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and is responsible for various clinical and clerical tasks. Assists with patient care as delegated by the RN or LPN according to MCH’s policies and procedures.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Actively enrolled in an accredited nursing program, completed at least one year of nursing school with one clinical medical surgical rotation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include bathing, personal hygiene, nutrition, and comfort measures.
- Under the supervision of an RN, performs vital signs, heights, weights, and other measurements according to nursing and hospital policies and procedures.
- Informs RN of pertinent information and/or communicates all significant changes in patient condition or behavior.
- Administer PO medications under the supervision of the RN. Document all medication administrations under the supervision of the RN.
- Recognizes accepted priorities for care needs and takes direction for re-prioritizing from the RN.
- Restock supplies such as gloves, gowns, linen, medical equipment. Makes beds, removes soiled linen, trash, and relines all waste and laundry containers when emptied.
- Anticipates need for and gathers patients comfort measures, including but not limited to, warm blankets, pillows, positioning aides, etc.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes/practices cost containment
- Maintains the patient rooms and nursing station to ensure that they are kept clean and orderly
- Provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and their family members
- Assists with transporting patients for special and surgical procedures
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment and follows the direction of the RN and/or nursing leader
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Minimum Education/Experience: Actively enrolled in an accredited school of nursing, completed 1 year of nursing with at least one clinical medical surgical rotation.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION CPR certification
TESTING REQUIREMENTS Tuberculin skin test required annually, will adhere to all MCH’s policies and procedures for employment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients
Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
WORKING CONDITIONS Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
Exposed to unpleasant elements (accident, injuries and illness)
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
May perform emergency care
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume along with an application by clicking the Apply for This Job link below or mail a resume to Human Resources, Millcreek Community Hospital, 5515 Peach Street, Erie Pa 16509. E.O.E.