Admission / Discharge Nurse – LPN
LECOM Institute for Successful Aging
Join our Team at the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging, an Age-Friendly Health System, as a Full Time Admission / Discharge Nurse – Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in its Skilled Nursing Facilities.
The RN and LPN Tuition Reimbursement Program was created to assist LECOM Health employees by offsetting a portion of their educational expenses. Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses may be eligible for tuition reimbursement up to a maximum of $22,000.*
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $35/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $230/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hosptial.
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 133 1/3% after completing one year of service!
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
The Admissions Discharge Nurse assists incoming and discharging residents and their families through each process while coordinating interdepartmental efforts to ensure the entire Admission or Discharge Checklist has been successfully completed, while operating in a resident centered environment.
- Must be licensed as a practical nurse or registered nurse in Pennsylvania.
- Must maintain current certifications in CPR and First Aid.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Act as a concierge to new admission residents and families to help walk them through the admissions process.
- Follow the admission and discharge checklist to ensure all necessary steps are completed throughout the process.
- Coordinate with other departments to obtain and share all necessary information with interdepartmental leaders to ensure staff are prepared for each specific admission and discharge.
- Follow up on every admission at the start of the following shift for every Admission whose arrival was during scheduled off hours.
- Act as a concierge to help coordinate the discharge process with residents and families to ensure the process is fully reviewed and completed, including but not limited to coordinate the resident meetings with social work, therapy and nursing.
- Must perform duties as a LPN or RN as licensed on an as needed basis throughout the course of the workday or work week to meet the needs of the residents.
* The Tuition Reimbursement Program is a taxable benefit. LECOM Health reserves the right to modify or terminate this program, in whole or in part, in such manner as it shall determine, either alone or in conjunction with other programs of LECOM. Modification or termination may be made by the company for any reason, including but not limited to modifications under the Internal Revenue Code or to comply with applicable state or federal regulations.