Wound Nurse – LPN
LECOM Institute for Successful Aging
Join our Team at the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging, an Age-Friendly Health System, as a Full Time Wound Nurse / Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in its Skilled Nursing Facilities.
The RN and LPN Tuition Reimbursement Program was created to assist LECOM Health employees by offsetting a portion of their educational expenses. Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses may be eligible for tuition reimbursement up to a maximum of $22,000.*
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $35/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $230/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hosptial.
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 133 1/3% after completing one year of service!
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
The Wound Nurse is responsible for the coordination of wound care for the residents at the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging. These include, but are not limited to, utilization of skills in organization, planning, implementing, evaluating and providing care through standard operating procedures of all wounds.
- Must be Licensed as a Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in Pennsylvania.
- Wound Care Certification or Ostomy Certification is preferred but not necessary.
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must maintain current certifications in CPR and First Aid.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide case management for consulting patients providing specific assessment according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management, and acts as patient advocate in delivery and coordination of patients’ wound care;
- Provides efficient and effective care with the guidance of the Physician during the wound clinic sessions, attends or follows up on all wound clinic appointments where scheduled. Able to manage a high number of patients at the same time with high energy level and organization;
- Collaborates with other health care providers, wound care Physicians, Nursing Leaders and floor staff, Home Health Agencies, Extended Care Facilities, and Wound Clinic Program Director and Clinical Coordinator, regarding resident needs;
- Will participate in the development and establishment of a goal oriented skin care protocol;
- Implementation of the skin care protocol and orders within 24 hours or next business day after admission;
- Order entry of initial LECOM Wound Clinic orders;
- Order entry as needed upon changes in skin care;
- Daily review of skin incidents and wound / ulcer report accuracy;
- Liaison to LECOM Health Wound Clinic for transfer assistance;
- Assist in resident / family / employee teaching and education as needed;
- Review, document and report significant changes as well as quarterly and annual care plans;
- If Patient has an active wound, will participate in multi-disciplinary team care plan meetings;
- If Patient has no active wounds, a wound nurse business card will be provided during the care plan meeting;
- Must provide daily skilled wound care on all patients, as applicable;
- Nursing staff will perform head to toe skin assessments upon admission or next business day after admission and communicate results to wound nurse;
- The wound nurse will assess either upon admission or on next business day after admission if there is any presence of a wound;
- The wound nurse will assess within 5 days of an admission if no wound is identified by the nursing staff in their head to toe assessment;
- Continue performing at least weekly skin assessments;
- Weekly wound care rounds, follow up and documentation.
* The Tuition Reimbursement Program is a taxable benefit. LECOM Health reserves the right to modify or terminate this program, in whole or in part, in such manner as it shall determine, either alone or in conjunction with other programs of LECOM. Modification or termination may be made by the company for any reason, including but not limited to modifications under the Internal Revenue Code or to comply with applicable state or federal regulations.