Wound Treatment Nurse / LPN
LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation
LECOM Nursing and Rehabilitation is currently seeking a Full Time Wound Treatment Nurse / LPN.
The Wound Nurse is responsible for the coordination of wound care for the residents of the facility. These include, but are not limited to, utilization of skills in organization, planning, implementing, evaluating, and providing care through standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Provide case management for consulting patients providing specific assessment according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management, and acts as patient advocate in delivery and coordination of patient care.
- Provides efficient and effective care with the guidance of the Physician during the wound clinic sessions, attends the clinics where scheduled and is dependable. Able to manage a high number of patients at the same time with high energy level and organization.
- Collaborates with other health care providers, wound care Physicians, Nursing Leaders and floor staff, Home Health Agencies, Extended Care Facilities, and Wound Clinic Program Director and Clinical Coordinator, regarding resident needs.
- Will participate in the development and establishment of a goal oriented skin care protocol detailed for each neighborhood.
- Implementation of the skin care protocol and orders upon admission.
- Order entry of initial LECOM Wound Clinic orders.
- Order entry as needed upon changes in skin care.
- Liaison to LECOM Health Wound Clinic for transfer assistance.
- Assist in resident / family teaching and education as needed.
- Document and report significant changes in quarterly and annual care plan.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team care plan meetings.
- Must provide daily skilled wound care.
- Will perform head to toe skin assessments upon or within 2 hours of admission and continue performing at least weekly skin assessments.
- Weekly wound care follow up and documentation.
- Must be Licensed as a Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in Pennsylvania.
- Wound Care Certification or Ostomy Certification is preferred but not necessary.
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must maintain current certifications in CPR and First Aid.
- LECOM’s Full Time employeesenjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package. Includes Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $35/ month! Full Family Health Insurance is only $230/month! Home Host Health Benefits are also enjoyed by our employees using LECOM Physicians with Co-pays and Deductibles waived.
- Dental Insurance is offered at only $8 per month for employee only, and $23.20 per month for full family coverage. Co-Pays and deductibles will also be waived for covered individuals at the LECOM Dental School.
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost.
- The Health System also offers a 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with the Employer Match of 133 1/3% of your contribution after completing one year of service!