Emergency Care – 24 Hours
Millcreek Community Hospital Department of Emergency Medicine
Millcreek Community Hospital 24-hour Emergency Department accepts all insurances and meets all requirements of basic emergency service, with:
- A qualified physician present at all times who is capable of providing advanced life support
- Specialists representing medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics, and anesthesiology immediately available for consultation by telephone, and able to report immediately to the emergency department
- Ancillary services, such as X-ray, pharmacy, and laboratory either staffed or with appropriate personnel on call at all times
MCH currently maintains a 14-bed capacity for assisting patients’ 10 medical and four behavioral health beds.
What to know
We are open 24/7, and you’ll experience the lowest wait times in Erie County.
When you arrive, if possible, please have:
- Photo ID
- Health insurance information
- Relevant medical information not already known by MCH
The Emergency Room treats a wide variety of patients
- Medical cases vary from simple to complex medical needs/demands. Additionally, orthopedic, injury, stroke, GYN, and surgical patients are treated, and Behavioral Health assessments are completed.
- The facility is ADA designed and capable of dealing with all disabilities present
- All patients receive triage from an ER Triage Tech or RN. Patients are treated by severity. The emergent cases are cared for immediately.
- Physical Therapy, Social Services, and Dietary services are utilized and readily available. Physician referrals are made for those patients in need of a physician or requesting information. Crisis Intervention and shelters are utilized on a frequent basis as well. Specialty clinic referrals are also part of the patient services offered.