The Outpatient Surgery Department encompasses the services of:
- Outpatient Surgery
- Electro Convulsive Therapy
- Cardiac Catheterization
For our Outpatient Services, Millcreek Community Hospital maintains:
- 4 operating suites
- 1 cardiac catheterization lab/special procedures
- 1 endoscopy suite
- 4 interview rooms
- 15-bed outpatient surgery pre and post operative care rooms, including 1 private and 7 semi-private rooms
- Family waiting area
- Central nurses station
Why you want to consider MCH
We are unique in that our endoscopy patients are treated like all other outpatients coming in for surgery, placing them in a semi-private or private room for monitoring, hence giving them more attention before, during and after their procedure.
What to know
- Outpatient Surgery is open Monday through Friday. The hours each day vary with the cases as they are scheduled. The pace is constant with admissions, preparation of patient, recovery and discharge
- An intake assessment is completed by a Registered Nurse for all patients entering the department.
- For patients with special needs, ADA rooms are available as well as restroom facilities. Interpreting service is available by contacting the Nursing Supervisor. Call bell adaptations available through the Nursing Supervisor. TDD and interpreters are available for the deaf.