Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health
LECOM Health is dedicated to the support and recovery of individuals age 18 and older suffering from severe mental illness and behavioral health difficulties. Acute inpatient behavioral health services are provided on the 4th floor of Millcreek Community Hospital.
We specialize in treating the following:
- Depression or anxiety
- Thought, mood, or behavior changes
- Hallucinations and delusional thinking
- Thoughts of harm to self or others
- Engagement in self-harming, self-destructive, or impulsive behaviors
- Poor insight and judgment causing an inability to care for one’s basic needs
- Disturbances in daily functioning (difficulties with employment, relationships, etc.)
- Social isolation and withdrawal from normal activities
Through our Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health program individuals are provided treatment by a team of professionals including psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, therapists and behavioral technicians. Our team of professionals will work with you to develop a treatment plan to provide safety, stabilization and appropriate resources once you are ready to return to the community. Medication stabilization, coordination of community resources, and a variety of therapies including group, art, music, and individual are provided
If you or a loved one are experiencing any of the above, we are here to help. Evaluations are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by presenting to the LECOM Health Millcreek Community Hospital Emergency Department at 5515 Peach Street, Erie, PA 16509. Our team of professionals will meet with you to determine the most appropriate treatment during your time of need.
For general inquiries related to behavioral health assessments or available services, please contact the LECOM Behavioral Health Clinical Liaison at (814) 881-5393. Calls will be answered and returned during normal business hours, Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm, excluding major holidays.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a behavioral health emergency, please visit the Millcreek Community Hospital Emergency Department for an evaluation. Those in Erie County, PA may call Crisis Services at (814) 456-2014. For individuals outside of Erie County, PA, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255, or visit your nearest emergency department.
- LECOM Institute for Behavioral Health
- Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health
- Extended Acute Care
- Adult Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program
- Older Adult Behavioral Health
- Children’s Inpatient Behavioral Health
- Short-term Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (pRTF)
- Sub-Acute Extended Care
- Tri-State Elder Assessment Management (T.E.A.M.)