Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health
LECOM Health is dedicated to the support and recovery of individuals age 18 and older suffering from severe mental illness and behavioral health difficulties. Acute inpatient behavioral health services are provided on the 4th floor of Millcreek Community Hospital.
We specialize in treating the following:
- Depression or anxiety
- Thought, mood, or behavior changes
- Hallucinations and delusional thinking
- Thoughts of harm to self or others
- Engagement in self-harming, self-destructive, or impulsive behaviors
- Poor insight and judgment causing an inability to care for one’s basic needs
- Disturbances in daily functioning (difficulties with employment, relationships, etc.)
- Social isolation and withdrawal from normal activities
Through our Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health program individuals are provided treatment by a team of professionals including psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, therapists and behavioral technicians. Our team of professionals will work with you to develop a treatment plan to provide safety, stabilization and appropriate resources once you are ready to return to the community. Medication stabilization, coordination of community resources, and a variety of therapies including group, art, music, and individual are provided
If you or a loved one are experiencing any of the above, we are here to help. Evaluations are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by presenting to the LECOM Health Millcreek Community Hospital Emergency Department at 5515 Peach Street, Erie, PA 16509. Our team of professionals will meet with you to determine the most appropriate treatment during your time of need.