Adult Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program
The Adult Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program at Millcreek Community Hospital is a community based mental health treatment program specifically designed to meet the needs of those individuals suffering from behavioral or emotional difficulties. The program is designed for individuals who do not require inpatient hospitalization, but are in need of more intensive treatment than standard outpatient therapy and psychiatric appointments.
A team of professional staff including therapists, psychiatrists, and case managers work with each participant to identify individualized treatment needs and goals.
The Partial Hospitalization Program provides mental health support and treatment in a comfortable and relaxed setting. Participants engage in a therapeutic environment, with professional staff and a community of peers to work on their specific treatment goals.
The program is offered Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 3:00pm. The program provides 5 group therapy sessions each day, as well as individual therapy, care coordination, and psychiatry services. A 30 minute lunch break is provided during the course of the day. The program does not operate on observed holidays.
Participants will develop symptom management and coping skills, a deeper understanding of their illness, and recovery tools. Participants are expected to engage in group discussions and take an active role in their treatment and recovery.
In order to participate in the Partial Hospitalization Program specific eligibility criteria must be present. If you or your loved one meet one or more of the following you may be eligible:
- Diagnosis of severe mental illness
- Previous and/or current inpatient or outpatient psychiatric treatment
- Decrease in judgment and/or abilities due to mental health symptoms and treatment needs
- Ability to participate in group and individual therapy discussions
- Ability to work with professional staff to identify mental health treatment needs, objectives and goals
- Ability to exhibit control and behavior for appropriate participation in a group setting
- Lack of significant progress toward treatment goals at a lesser level of care
If you feel that the Partial Hospitalization Program is the right program for you, please contact our referral line for additional information at (814) 868-8358.
For general inquiries related to behavioral health assessments or available services, please contact the LECOM Behavioral Health Clinical Liaison at (814) 881-5393. Calls will be answered and returned during normal business hours, Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm, excluding major holidays.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a behavioral health emergency, please visit the Millcreek Community Hospital Emergency Department for an evaluation. Those in Erie County, PA may call Crisis Services at (814) 456-2014. For individuals outside of Erie County, PA, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255, or visit your nearest emergency department.
- LECOM Institute for Behavioral Health
- Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health
- Extended Acute Care
- Adult Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program
- Older Adult Behavioral Health
- Children’s Inpatient Behavioral Health
- Short-term Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (pRTF)
- Sub-Acute Extended Care
- Tri-State Elder Assessment Management (T.E.A.M.)