Behavioral Health Care
We care for your mental health
Millcreek Community Hospital’s Behavioral Health programs were originally established in 2001 to fulfill an urgent need for psychiatric inpatient services in our community. Since that time, we have grown to be the region’s largest provider of quality inpatient psychiatric treatment. We are dedicated to meeting the behavioral health needs of individuals residing throughout our community.
What makes MCH Behavioral Health unique:
- Physician physical and mental health evaluations in the MCH ER
- Separate units for children/adolescents, adults and older adults
- Psychiatrists in house 24/7
- Adult Partial Hospitalization Program
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Physician Residency Program in Psychiatry
- Physician Fellowship Program in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Safety-enhanced Patient Environment
Our programs provide the region with 85 licensed inpatient psychiatric beds, dispersed among three separate age specific units; child, adult, and older adult. Each program provides staff and programming specific to the unique needs of the patients they treat. Our behavioral health units specialize in the treatment of the following:
- Thought, mood or behavior change
- Hallucinations and delusional thinking
- Thoughts of harm to self or others
- Engagement in self-harm, self-destructive, or impulsive behaviors
- Poor judgment causing an inability to care for one’s basic needs
- Disturbances in daily functioning (difficulties with employment, relationships, etc.)
- Social isolation and withdrawal from normal activities
Patients work with a team of professionals including psychiatrists, nurses, therapists, social workers, and behavioral technicians to evaluate and determine their treatment needs. A variety of treatment is available to help each patient meet their individual treatment goals:
- Medication Stabilization
- Individual Therapy
- Group therapy
- Music Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Coordination of community resources and supports
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Medication and diagnostic teaching for both patient and family
If you or a loved one are in need of a behavioral health evaluation and treatment, we are here to help. Evaluations are available 24 hours a day through the Millcreek Community Hospital Emergency Department, where a physician is always available to meet and discuss your treatment needs.
Millcreek Community Hospital understands that having a loved one hospitalized can be a stressful time for everyone involved. We encourage you to visit friends and family members during their stay. Just as we make every effort to support our patients, we’ll be glad to answer your questions and make your visit pleasant. In order to maintain structure and a safe environment for our patients and visitors, we ask that the following guidelines are followed:
- Visitors must be listed on the patient’s visitor’s list and only 2 may visit at a time.
- No one may bring a purse or bag, cell phone/tablet/computer, or food on the unit.
- Visitors over 18 years must have photo identification.
- Visitors will be scanned with a metal detector.
- Visitors must be 14 years of age or older.
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted to be brought onto the unit.
Behavioral health unit staff may cancel or limit visitation for safety purposes. We will do our best to inform loved ones in a timely manner should this occur. We appreciate your understanding.
The safety and security of our units are a top priority. As such, all behavioral health units are under 24 hour video monitoring.
Adult Behavioral Health/4th Floor: 7:00pm-8:00pm
Child/Adolescent Behavioral Health/5th Floor 6:00pm-7:00pm
Older Adult Behavioral Health/2nd Floor: 5:00pm-6:00pm