Children’s Inpatient Behavioral Health
The Child/Adolescent’s Inpatient Behavioral Health program provides stabilization and coordination of community resources for children and adolescents with severe mental illness and behavioral health difficulties. Housed on the 5th floor of Millcreek Community Hospital, treatment occurs in a structured, therapeutic environment. The program incorporates a variety of group, art, music and individual therapies, behavioral assessments, and medication stabilization to address each patient’s individual needs.
Our program specializes in the treatment of the following:
- Significant thinking, behavior, or mood changes
- Thoughts of harm to self or others
- Engagement in acts of self-harm, such as cutting
- Hallucinations or delusional thinking
- Increased agitation and aggression
- Difficulties with adjustments and daily functioning
Our team of professional staff members include psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, therapists, certified behavior specialist, and behavioral technicians who provide treatment and support. The team of treatment professionals will assist patients and their loved ones cultivate an ability to manage their symptoms and identify coping skills through the use of behavioral techniques and other interventions to alter and improve functioning.
Evaluations for admission are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by presenting to the LECOM Health Millcreek Community Hospital Emergency Department at 5515 Peach Street, Erie, PA 16509.
For general inquiries related to behavioral health assessments or available services, please contact the LECOM Behavioral Health Clinical Liaison at (814) 881-5393. Calls will be answered and returned during normal business hours, Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm, excluding major holidays.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a behavioral health emergency, please visit the Millcreek Community Hospital Emergency Department for an evaluation. Those in Erie County, PA may call Crisis Services at (814) 456-2014. For individuals outside of Erie County, PA, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255, or visit your nearest emergency department.
- LECOM Institute for Behavioral Health
- Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health
- Extended Acute Care
- Adult Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program
- Older Adult Behavioral Health
- Children’s Inpatient Behavioral Health
- Short-term Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (pRTF)
- Sub-Acute Extended Care
- Tri-State Elder Assessment Management (T.E.A.M.)