Extended Acute Care
Extended Acute Care
The Extended Acute Care (EAC) program provides an extension of active treatment within the adult inpatient unit. The EAC offers a transitional stay to promote independence and provide recovery maintenance tools and life skills education to prepare patients for success in the community.
This program is for adults over 18 years of age and is housed within the inpatient behavioral health units of Millcreek Community Hospital. The hospital has 85 inpatient beds divided across three floors. The EAC supports patients whose mental health symptoms interfere with their ability to function and experience success in their daily life.
The EAC provides necessary treatment in a safe environment with 24/7 care for patients that promotes wellness and symptom management while addressing the social determinants of health and empowering patients to achieve successful community tenure.
- Therapeutic and Educational Groups
- Coping skills, problem solving and conflict resolution, interpersonal interactions, mindfulness, and vocational readiness
- Treatment Planning
- Motivational interviewing, value identification, goal setting, community reintegration and engagement
- Whole Body Wellness
- Health and wellness education, exercise, nutrition, and weight management, drug, alcohol, and tobacco use, and medication consistency
- Recreational and Leisure Activities
- Complement traditional therapeutic modalities, identify personal interests, and engage in healthy outlets, and outdoor space available in the courtyard
- Whole Person Care
- Physician and nursing capacity to treat chronic and complex medical needs and access to network of physicians, pharmacists, dietitians, diagnostic technicians, and other health care professionals
For general inquiries related to behavioral health assessments or available services, please contact the LECOM Behavioral Health Clinical Liaison at (814) 881-5393. For providers, to refer a patient, please send completed EAC Information Sheet and a copy of current psychiatric evaluation (and 3 days progress notes) by email to email@example.com. If you have any questions please call, (814) 868-7668.
Printable Information & Forms:
EAC Information Sheet
EAC Referral Form
For general inquiries related to behavioral health assessments or available services, please contact the LECOM Behavioral Health Clinical Liaison at (814) 881-5393. Calls will be answered and returned during normal business hours, Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm, excluding major holidays.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a behavioral health emergency, please visit the Millcreek Community Hospital Emergency Department for an evaluation. Those in Erie County, PA may call Crisis Services at (814) 456-2014. For individuals outside of Erie County, PA, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255, or visit your nearest emergency department.
- LECOM Institute for Behavioral Health
- Adult Inpatient Behavioral Health
- Extended Acute Care
- Adult Psychiatric Partial Hospitalization Program
- Older Adult Behavioral Health
- Children’s Inpatient Behavioral Health
- Short-term Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (pRTF)
- Sub-Acute Extended Care
- Tri-State Elder Assessment Management (T.E.A.M.)