A message to our patients regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
(updated Oct. 25, 2022)
LECOM Health and its affiliates are taking every necessary precaution to monitor, protect and prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to help reduce the possibility of exposures at our facilities and the community.
The Vaccine, Testing and Treatment Center at the LECOM Center for Health and Aging, 3910 Schaper Ave., is now open Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
COVID-19 vaccines and boosters are available, along with COVID testing and oral treatments, and flu vaccines. Walk-ins are welcome. Serving all eligible ages. There is no cost to receive a vaccine.
Call, or schedule online: LECOM.Eventbrite.com
Nursing Home Visitation:
Effective June 3, 2021, visitation is permitted at the following skilled nursing facilities during normal business hours and on weekends:
- LECOM Senior Living Center
- LECOM Nursing & Rehabilitation
- LECOM at Village Square
All visitors will be expected to check in at the front desk for screening before they will be permitted any further into the facility. There is no visitor policy restriction at LECOM’s personal care and independent living facilities.
Effective March 16, 2020, the following facilities will be closed:
- LECOM Medical Fitness and Wellness Center
As we continue to monitor the situation closely and guidelines are changed, adjustments to the plan may require revisions at each facility’s discretion.
Patient Visitation At Other Facilities:
Visitation policies vary from facility to facility and within specific units within those facilities. For specific information on a particular LECOM Health facility, please contact that facility directly before planning your visit.
For patients with an upcoming appointment with one of our Medical Associates of Erie Providers:
- Effective 3/27/20, patients are now able to schedule a telehealth visit with a LECOM Health provider. Please call your providers office to schedule a visit. You will need access to our patient portal to utilize the virtual appointment and your providers office can set that up for you. For instructions on how to begin your Telemedicine visit the YourHealthFile Patient Portal Quick Help page.
- Physician offices throughout Erie County will remain open and patients should follow the guidelines below.
- The physician offices on the third floor of the LECOM Medical Fitness and Wellness Center will remain open until further notice.
What to expect:
- We are advising patients to cancel any unnecessary doctor appointments. One to two days before your scheduled appointment, you will receive a reminder call. We will ask several questions before confirming your appointment:
- Have you had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled to an affected geographic area in the past 14 days?
- Have you had a fever in the past 24 hours?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: high fever, cough or shortness of breath?
- Based on your responses to these questions we will either keep your appointment, suggest you stay home and monitor your symptoms, or head to the Emergency Department to evaluate and test you for the virus. Since there is currently no cure for the virus, we are asking patients who suspect they have been in contact with a COVID-19 affected person and are not currently experiencing symptoms to self-isolate if at all possible so as not to spread possible infection.
At the doctor’s office:
When you enter the office for your appointment, please know we are taking every precaution to prevent the potential spread of the virus. The following protocols have been put into place:
- Hand sanitizer is available in each waiting room and patients are instructed to use it upon their arrival and departure.
- Face masks will be available for patients who check in with respiratory symptoms. They will be asked to wear a mask, along with those accompanying them during their visit.
- Patients with respiratory symptoms should separate, spatially, and keep 6 feet apart from other patients in the waiting area.
- As this has now been declared a global pandemic, all patients will have their temperatures taken.
- We ask that you limit yourself to one support person during your visit. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to be designated a support person.