Administrative Assistant – Part Time
LECOM at Village Square
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is currently seeking a Part-time Administrative Assistant at our LECOM at Village Square facility to perform administrative and office support activities for multiple supervisors.
Duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required through HIPPA.
**This position will be Part-Time.**
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers the main phone line and transfers calls.
- Distributes mail/packages to residents and employees, collects outgoing mail, and adds postage to outgoing mail.
- Coordinates calendars for the Director of the Senior Living Center and the Director of Operations.
- Responsible for keeping the printer/fax machine in working order by stocking paper, making service calls, and distributing faxes.
- Organizes and creates new resident name tags and welcome gifts
- Coordinates conference room reservations.
- Updates the phone directory with additions/deletions and distributes them appropriately.
- Responsible for communication application administration.
- Coordinates and sits in on the LECOM Senior Living Center Board Meetings to take minutes.
- Controls administrative office traffic by overseeing the office doorbell.
- Creates Microsoft Office documents for various departments.
- Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Must perform as a Universal Worker being cross-trained in housekeeping, dietary and personal care functions.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Must work cooperatively with all members of the team, following EEO rules and regulations, to accomplish a resident centered culture.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Must show respect for residents, families, and fellow employees in all actions.
- Must have a high degree of integrity.
- Must respect the resources of the organization.
- Must follow all infection control procedures and guidelines.
- Must present professionally in proper uniform according to Employee Handbook.
- Must demonstrate attention toward quality service according to Federal and State Regulations.
- Must respect all resident rights according to Federal and State Regulations.
- Must maintain confidentiality according to Federal and State Regulations.
- Must follow all Organizational policies and procedures.
- Must participate in continuing education as required.
- Must process adequate equipment skills to complete daily work tasks including but not limited to the copier, fax, computer, and other electronic devices.
- The ability to work cooperatively and collegially with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and EEO rules and regulations.
- The ability to report to work as scheduled, ready to devote full attention and energy to the important work of LECOM.
- The ability to accept work directives from managers and supervisors in respectful and cooperative manner.
- Education and experience equivalent to:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Publisher
- 1 or more years of experience in customer service
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Job Type: Part-time