Behavioral Health Registered Nurse
Website Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full Time Registered Nurse for Behavioral Health Units. These are 12 hour shifts 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am.
SUMMARY: The Registered Staff Nurse will provide a high standard of care through assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluation of all patients under their care. They are responsible for all day to day nursing care and will follow all nursing guidelines and care plans for the appropriate patient. They may also fill in as charge nurse on the unit as assigned.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Required Certification/License: 1) Current RN license
2) *CPR certification
3) *Therapeutic Holds Training
4) Other certification as required
(*To be obtained within 60 days of hire.)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Familiarity with diagnostic criteria and related symptomatology.
- Familiarity with PA Department of Health Patient Rights and service delivery.
- Demonstrates competent written, oral and organizational skills in charting and treatment planning.
- General understanding of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention techniques.
- Familiarity with the use and administration of psychotropic medications.
- Familiarity with admission/discharge planning and community resources.
- Familiarity with compliance policies and procedures. Competencies:
- Sensitivity to a patient’s emotional, mental, and physical needs. Knowledge of therapeutic communication techniques specifically working with people with varying disabilities. Strong written and oral communication skills. Completion of annual Behavioral Health competency trainings
Training provided to all Behavioral Health Employees including Verbal De-escalation, Trauma Informed Care, mental status assessment and documentation, Handle with Care, CPR, and more
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume along with an application by clicking the Apply for this job link below. E.O.E