Cook – Full Time with Benefits
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is currently accepting applications and resumes for a Full-time Cook to work at one or more of our senior care facilities.
- The cook will prepare bulk food items for the various venues while following recipes to be nutritious, attractive, in proper portions while being responsible with resources. Will also be responsible to report problems and take corrective action to address those issues.
- Possesses knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Maintains and promotes ethical conduct of employees, addresses residents in a friendly manner, creating a safe and productive environment.
- Will manage the schedule, food supply and food production duties in the absence of dietary managers.
- Responsible for daily food preparation to prepare food for multiple venues while following recipes.
- Responsible for food production for catering events, off-premises food services including meals on wheels, LECOM Center for Health and Aging, and other customers as assigned.
- Promotes a safe working environment.
- Read and interpret the Resident’s nutritional requirements via paper or digital platform.
- Promote clinical nutrition through the Dietitian’s management of therapeutic diets, nutritional supplements and the food first philosophy while producing accurate food offerings.
- Educates and guides residents in regards to cost and contents of their selections and provides alternative selections available.
- Ensures health guidelines and company sanitation policies are followed by employees and guests in all dining areas.
- Maintain all documentation and logs for sanitation and food safety compliance purposes.
- Assists the Dietary Manager to facilitate departmental auditing in preparation for annual survey.
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $40/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $250/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hosptial.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 100% after completing one year of service
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Paid time off accruals – vacation and sick
- 7 paid holidays each calendar year
- Employee referral program
- Employee appreciation/recognition events
- Employee assistance program and discounted membership at the LECOM Fitness and Wellness Center
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.