Corry Memorial Hospital
Under supervision of an Occupational Therapist, the Occupational Therapist Assistant administers occupational therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability.
Characteristic Job Tasks and Eesponsibilities:
· Review physician orders, patient‘s condition, and medical records.
· Review data from the Occupational Therapy evaluation and plan of care including short and long term goals prior to administering treatment.
· Review effective treatment strategies Monitor and communicate patient response to physical therapy treatment.
· Assist the Occupational Therapist with patient at discharge including patient and family instruction in safety, mobility and function.
· Modify occupational therapy treatment and plan of care according to patient’s ability and response as directed by the supervising Occupational Therapist.
· Instruct patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
· Record treatment, response, and progress in the electronic medical record.
· Record daily treatment charges.
· Adhere to all HIPPA procedures and guidelines in accordance with LECOM Health’s standard of excellence.
· Educate the patient and/or caregivers to enhance functional independence.
· Comply with federal, state and local legal and professional requirements.
· Maintain compliance with appropriate therapy minutes, therapy intensity, and productivity standards on daily basis.
· Work as scheduled, ready to devote full attention and energy to the important work of the hospital.
· Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor.