Corry Memorial Hospital
Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates food service for patients and personnel. Coordinates dietary education for patients (in-patients and out-patients), hospital employees, and community groups.
characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
· Provides the referring physician and CMH with information relevant to the patients’ assessment and necessary prescriptive program.
· Reviews patient charts on a regular basis and assists in performing nutritional assessments in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
· Assists in writing all policies and procedures for dietetic personnel and services, and reviews new policies with the CEO of CMH.
· Assists in writing of patient menus for normal and therapeutic diets and approves all patient menus in regard to nutritional adequacy.
· Plans educational programs for dietary staff and others as needed.
· Reviews food production and service to ensure that established procedures and guidelines are followed.
· Provides CEO and Director of Patient Care Services with monthly reports of all activities of Registered Dietitian.
· Attend meetings to further professional knowledge which will benefit the facility through teaching.
· Makes facility aware of current Licensure and Certification requirements relative to food service operations.
· Approves diet manual and makes revisions as necessary.
· Participates in the quality assurance program.
· Assists with the development of new programs, expansion of outpatient services, and or enhancement of other services currently provided or anticipated.