Corry Memorial Hospital
To provide assistance to patients as well as the patient accounting department in resolving self-pay balances in compliance with the LECOM Health Corry Memorial Hospital policies and procedures.
Characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
· Contact uninsured and underinsured patients regarding payment options for non-urgent services.
· Provide one-on-one support to patients in completing Medical Assistance and Community Care applications.
· Counsel acute self-pay patients prior to discharge from Corry Memorial Hospital.
· Follow-up via telephone with self-pay patients who present to the Emergency Department within one week of services to discuss payment options and offer assistance with Medical Assistance and/or Community Care applications.
· Weekly send out of self-pay bills.
· Complete Medical Assistant applications on line via COMPASS.
· Preview Community Care applications to ensure complete and accurate information is provided to the Patient Accounting Manager, CFO, and CEO.
· Assists families by sending estate notices and obtaining necessary information to resolve billing issues involving deceased patients.
· Assist in identifying, collecting, and reporting relevant statistical data to reflect the activities of the position.
· Combine accounts for monthly payments.
· Encourage time payment agreements and follows up on accounts regarding payment agreements.
· Assists patients as a Certified Application Counselor with the Affordable Care Act.
· Gathers and follows up information for contract billing.
· Notifies patient of any out of pocket expenses prior to scheduled tests/procedures.
· Assists in Receptionist duties as needed.
· Assists with other tasks assigned by Patient Accounting Manager.
LECOM Health’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $40 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service.