IT Support Specialist
Corry Memorial Hospital
Assists IT department in providing support for Corry Memorial Hospital staff in relation to computer systems hardware and software while participating in projects to provide short and long term plans for information technology at CMH.
characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide support for Corry Memorial Hospital Staff for software and hardware, if downtime was involved document downtime and resolution. If extended downtime is expected notify Director of Information Technology, if not possible, notify the department head involved
- Installs and maintains workstations, printers and peripherals by cleaning and repairing as needed.
- Train and supply access to CMH staff and students as designated by Director of IT
- In absence of Director of IT add users as specified by department heads documenting folders and rights for the user added.
- Ensure computer system security is being followed by all CMH staff, reporting deficiencies to Director of IT.
- Assist with maintenance of servers and network as directed by Director of IT.
- Ensure users are properly trained on backup procedures to network folders. Verify backup of important information is being done.
- Recommend software and hardware that will enhance patient safety and hospital productivity. Obtain competitive quotes as necessary.
- Assist Director of IT in creating the Department Budget.
- Assist Director of IT in creating necessary policy and procedures for computer systems.
- Accept responsibility of projects as designated by Director of IT.
- Ensure retired systems’ data is destroyed and unrecoverable. Arrange for proper recycling of hardware.
- Install network infrastructure as needed, patch cabling, switches, UPS, etc.
- Provide on call coverage as scheduled by Director of IT.
- Assist Director of IT with Security patches as needed.
- Maintain inventory and database of installed workstations and software.
- Ensure software licensing is adequate in coordination with Director of IT.
- Provide adequate backup for Director of IT in case of extended absence.
- Stay current with industry trends and learn new technologies when applicable.
- Create reports and forms as needed by Director of IT.
- Assist Director of IT in Corry Memorial Hospital web site and intranet development.
- Assist in application development as needed by the Director of IT.
- Setup for presentations and record when requested.
- Meet with outside venders to receive the best price for replacement parts
knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal characteristics:
- Must have Knowledge of principles and practices of HIPAA.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow pertinent local, state and federal laws, ordinances, codes, and rules.
- Ability to organize, implement and direct information technology operations and activities.
- Interpret and explain pertinent department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy with the employees and the overall visiting public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and demonstrate quality work ethic on a consistent basis.
- The ability to work cooperatively and collegially with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and EEO rules and regulations.
- The ability to report to work as scheduled, ready to devote full attention and energy to the important work of CMH.
- The ability to accept work directives from managers and supervisors in a respectful and cooperative manner.
education, experience, licenses:
A high school diploma or GED equivalent required. Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Information Technology. Associates degree preferred.
LECOM Health’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $40 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 100% after completing one year of service.