Corry Memorial Hospital
LECOM Health Corry Memorial Hospital is seeking a LPN for our Acute Care Unit. This individual will deliver patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation under the supervision of the RN.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medication and their correct administration based on age of the patient and patient’s clinical condition.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patients age.
- Demonstrates ability under direct supervision of an RN, to perform a head to toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric, geriatric and general patient population.
- Demonstrates ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to RN, co-workers and physicians.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of an RN.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity; ensures patient confidentiality.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Meets documentation standards and policies.
Performs other duties as assigned within the LPN scope of practice.