Medical Record Clerk
The Medical Record Clerk is the initial contact for the HIM department for record or information distribution interdepartmentally and to the public. Assures that the health record/information is distributing according to Administrative and department policy.
characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
- Greets and manages visitors.
- Answers incoming calls and processes requests or distributes calls as appropriate.
- Promotes record confidentiality at all times.
- Delivers health records where needed.
- Pulls records as needed/required by other hospital departments for continuity of care or quality improvement studies.
- Gather and distribute mail daily.
- Distributes documents from fax machine as appropriate.
- Assists with copying, filing, distributing and purging records.
- Assists in retrieving records for physician completion.
- Orders supplies from storeroom.
- Serves as a backup to the Correspondence Clerk.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
LECOM Health’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package along with competitive wages. Enhanced benefits include Highmark Blue Cross / Blue Shield Health Insurance starting at only $35 a month! Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost. The Health System also offers an excellent 403(b) Retirement Plan to all employees working in excess of 1,000 hours in a year, with an employer match of 133 1/3% after completing one year of service.