LECOM Institute for Successful Aging
We encourage you to join our team at the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging as a Full Time Pharmacy Technician at one of our Skilled Nursing Facilities, the LECOM Senior Living Center!
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge, skills, attitude, and energy to consistently provide resident centered care.
- Performs dispensing functions in the unit and multi-dose packaging distribution program. Patient profiles are accurately maintained by promptly entering new and changed orders from physician medication orders.
- Medications are promptly and accurately delivered to patient rooms and nursing office areas.
- Performs dispensing functions in the intravenous admixture program. Technicians aseptically prepare IV compounded sterile products such as antibiotics, total parenteral nutrition, and other IV admixtures as needed. All solutions are aseptically prepared, verified by a pharmacist, labeled and delivered in a prompt manner.
- Accurately and efficiently performs prescriptions order entry. Appropriate records of charges are accurately maintained and filed.
- Ability to keep an up to date inventory and place orders when appropriate.
- Perform billing and claims adjudication in a timely manner and to the best knowledge of the patients coverage.
- Effectively communicates with physicians, nurses, pharmacists, other technicians, facility personnel, and patients.
- Maintains a neat, clean, orderly, and well-stocked work area in the packaging, intravenous admixture, and nursing office areas.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager/Staff Pharmacist.
- Must perform as a Universal Worker being cross-trained in housekeeping, dietary and personal care functions.
- Must be flexible to accept other duties needed or assigned by the resident or institution.
Education and experience equivalent to:*
- High School or equivalent
- Pharmacy Technician Certification a plus
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $40/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $235/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hospital.
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 100% after completing one year of service!
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time accrual
- Referral Bonus program
- Employee recognition events
- Discount available to LECOM Fitness and Wellness Center
The LECOM Institute for Successful Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.