Corry Memorial Hospital
Assists the pharmacist by filling physician orders for medications for oral, rectal, topical and injectable use; mixes IV admixture solutions as required. Types labels, prepares and files charge slips and performs other related duties.
Characteristic job tasks and responsibilities:
· Assists the pharmacist in providing medication, drug information and pharmaceutical services to patients, nurses, physicians and other hospital personnel.
· Prepares intravenous solutions and admixtures.
· Maintains inventory of supplies and reorders them accordingly.
· Assists in filling prescriptions.
· Processes records of medications and supplies dispensed to patients or customers, computes charges and enters electronically.
· Receives and stores incoming deliveries of medication and supplies.
· Maintains the pharmacy department in a clean and orderly manner.
· Demonstrates ability to calculate figures and amounts relating to dosage calculations when filling various prescriptions.
· Performs other duties as directed by Pharmacist.