Website Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is hiring a Full Time Radiology Assistant.
To assist technical staff in providing quality, timely care for Radiology patients
- Assists technical staff by preparing the exam room and assisting the Technologist as directed.
- Displays the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive matters and to exercise discretion in dealing with controversial or potentially sensitive topics. Enhances the image of Millcreek Community Hospital and promotes professionalism good relationships.
- Answers telephones and routes calls, taking messages as appropriate.
- Works cooperatively with patients, professional staff, and other medical center personnel to maintain a good relationship.
- Demonstrates Millcreek Community Hospital’s commitment to Service Excellence by understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians and co-workers and doing what is required the first time, every time by being responsible, sensitive, accurate, timely, coordinated and thorough.
- Performs image process duties.
- Performs data entry of information into the Radiology Information System (RIS) as directed by Technologist.
- Assists staff in transferring and transporting patients.
- Acts as liaison between the Radiologists, the Technologists and the patient regarding waiting periods, status of test, etc. Instructs patients in changing clothes for exams, assisting them when necessary. Maintains adequate stock of gowns, etc. in dressing rooms.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year of patient care experience preferred
- Radiology experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills due to high degree of interaction with physicians and patients
- Access to medications is limited to the distribution of the medication to the nurse.
Interested, qualified candidates may submit a resume along with an application by clicking on Apply for this Job Link below or mail a resume to Human Resources, Millcreek Community Hospital, 5515 Peach Street, Erie Pa 16509.EOE