Patient Accounts/Insurance Specialist
Website Millcreek Community Hospital
Millcreek Community Hospital is seeking a full time 40 hour a week Patient Accounts/Insurance Analyst.
SUMMARY: Self starter; excellent time manager, and highly organized team focused
individual with ability to follow direction with minimal oversight, solve
problems and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
and insurance payers.
Successfully review and manage accounts receivable.
- Ensure claims are sent in timely manner.
- Ensure rejected claims are reprocessed timely.
- Review claims in clearinghouse for errors and resolve through appropriate channels.
- Review key accounts regularly with payers for status updates on payments.
- Know reimbursement rules, review payments for accuracy; be able to spot check for 100% reimbursement on charges, and excessively low payment.
- Coordinate secondary payer liability with co-workers and manager.
- Review record requests regularly to ensure payer record demands are fulfilled.
- Proactively work all denials, ensure accuracy in adjustments.
- Coordinate and write appeals with Utilization Review and co-workers/manager.
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or GED minimum
Minimum Experience: Medical billing in a physician or hospital setting.
MS Excel Skills mandatory and conceptual understanding of financial record
keeping and procedures.
English Language Skills: Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
Physical Demands: Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
Must be able to lift up to and in excess of 25 pounds throughout the work day. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours.
Interested. qualified candidates may send a resume by clicking the Apply for Job link below or mail a resume along with an application to Human Resources, Millcreek Community Hospital, 5515 Peach Street 16509. EOE