Licensed Practical Nurse – LPN
LECOM Institute for Successful Aging
Join our Team at the LECOM Institute for Successful Aging, an Age-Friendly Health System, as a Full Time – Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) within its Skilled Nursing Facilities.
The RN and LPN Tuition Reimbursement Program was created to assist LECOM Health employees by offsetting a portion of their educational expenses. Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses may be eligible for tuition reimbursement up to a maximum of $22,000.*
LECOM’s full time employees enjoy the availability of an industry leading benefits package including:
- Highmark BC/BS Medical Insurance with employee-only coverage costing only $35/ month!
- Full Family Medical Insurance is only $230/month!
- Employees with LECOM Medical Insurance can take advantage of waived co-pays and deductibles at LECOM physicians and Millcreek Community Hosptial.
- A 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching of 133 1/3% after completing one year of service!
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance is provided to all Full Time employees at no cost!
The Licensed Practical Nurse combines nursing knowledge and skills to administer medications, provide treatments, perform general nursing duties, and supervisory support to the Resident Concierge while operating in a resident centered environment.
- Must be licensed as a practical nurse or registered nurse in Pennsylvania.
- Must maintain current certifications in CPR and First Aid.
TYPICAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist residents with the activities of daily living including but not limited to; bathing, dressing, dining, and transportation.
- Respond to call bells promptly and assure that call bells are within resident’s reach.
- Participate in the care planning process including implementation and accurate and timely documentation.
- Order, receive, and store medications properly.
- Competent in using medical equipment including but not limited to mechanical lifts, oxygen concentrators, wheelchairs, geri-chairs, electronic thermometers, scales, sphygmomanometers,stethoscope, electric beds, and pulse oximeter.
- Check meal trays and nourishment to ensure proper diet.
- Check medication carts, emergency kits, and exchange keys.
- Supervise the application and removal of all restraints and devices used to position and enable the resident to function as independently as possible.
- Serve a as teacher and role model to the Resident Concierge staff.
- Notify the physician according to current policy related resident status.
* The Tuition Reimbursement Program is a taxable benefit. LECOM Health reserves the right to modify or terminate this program, in whole or in part, in such manner as it shall determine, either alone or in conjunction with other programs of LECOM. Modification or termination may be made by the company for any reason, including but not limited to modifications under the Internal Revenue Code or to comply with applicable state or federal regulations.